Why use solar power / solar?
Indonesia system solar cells have the gift of sunlight. Almost in every corner of Indonesia, the sun shone all morning until the afternoon. Emitted by the sun's energy can be converted to electrical energy using photovoltaic panels (solar cell)
Solar power plants are environmentally friendly, and very promising. As one alternative to replace power plants use steam (with oil and coal).
The development of technology in making solar cell that is better than the level of efficiency, making long-lasting battery, making electronic devices that can use Direct Current, is very promising.
At present the use of solar cells is still considered expensive due to the absence of subsidies. The electricity we use today is actually subsidized electricity. Imagine exploitation / mining of petroleum, coal (which damage the environment), creating the steam power generation, power distribution, which are all built with high cost.
Excess use of solar power:
* Energy is renewable / inexhaustible
* Clean, friendly environment
* Age solar cell / solar cell length / long term investment
* Practical, does not require treatment
* Very suitable for tropical areas like Indonesia
Solar cell as an important component of solar power plants, getting electricity in the morning until late afternoon sun over there. Generally, we calculate the maximum sunlight converted into electricity throughout the day is 5 hours. Electricity in the morning - afternoon stored in batteries, so that electricity can be used at night, whereas without the sun.
Because solar power plants is dependent upon the sun, so good planning is essential. Planning consists of:
* The amount of power required in everyday use (Watt).
* How large is the resulting flow of solar cell (in Ampere hour), in this case, considering how many solar cell to be installed.
* How many units of batteries required for the desired capacity and consideration of the use without sunlight. (Ampere hour).
In value to the economy, solar power plants have a higher value, whereby electricity from the PT. PLN is not possible, or installation of gasoline or diesel electric generators. For example in remote areas: mining, plantation, fishery, a remote village, etc.. In terms of long-term, value to the economy is also high, because with good planning, solar power plants with solar cell has the endurance of 20-25 years. Batteries and several other components with durability 3-5 years.
Some components of solar power plants (how it works can be read at the Solar Power Installation):
* Solar cell
* Charge controller
Conclusion of people use solar cells because:
* Want to contribute to the environment
* Do not want to depend on the PLN
* Remote area, electric power from solar cells is cheaper.